Friday, February 12, 2010

Being a mom is an interesting Job.
 Being the wife of a Grad Student is even more interesting.
 It accounts for a very interesting combination.
My husband leaves by 7am everyday, and 3 days out of the week I wont see him again until around 10 o'clock at night. So I ask myself....What is the point of even getting dressed? Everyone loves their PJ's right? 


It's when I get to this point that I forcibly remind myself that getting dressed is important and if I've gotten to this point in my life, I seriously need to get out more. 


I'm not saying that I'm not guilty of having a PJ day with my kiddos every now and then (who are both under 2 and think this idea is great).  But the more and more I'm alone, the more I wonder what the point is in doing my hair--  make-up I've decided is totally overrated--  and if I happen to chose comfy clothes over cute ones, no one is even around to notice! 


I think that's the hardest part. I am accountable to no one. Unless I go somewhere during the day, no one will ever know that I threw my hair up in a quick bun and had no make-up on and wore my glasses all day long. My kids love me regardless and are too young to be embarrassed of me.


I know, I really do seriously need to get out more. 


I miss my husband, I think making myself cute knowing he wont be around to see it just reminds me that he's not there.
and then I feel alone.

1 comment:

Sessions said...

I love this blog, you are amazing Alisha keep up the good work!!! ( Sorry I still struggle with the spelling of your name)